Cyber Crime Attorneys in Pittsburgh, PA
The Internet over the last twenty years has brought a plethora of ambiguous laws to the surface over Internet and computer fraud. Legislation is constantly being established and rewritten leaving many people unaware of existing laws or even whether or not they are breaking them. In addition, some newly introduced legislation about crimes on the Internet is not well written and leaves much room for debate.
INTERNET CRIME CHARGES DO NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE GUILTY
OR THAT YOU WILL BE CONVICTED.
CALL OR TEXT DAVID J. SHRAGER TODAY
FOR A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION: 412-969-2540.
Internet Criminal Defense Attorney David J. Shrager understands that good people make mistakes and that sometimes it is unclear if what we are doing on the Internet is illegal. Sometimes, in a split second, our temptations can get the best of us in the privacy of our own homes, especially when we feel no one is watching.
That is why our skilled Cyber Crime Attorneys are here to help you understand your rights and how best to defend them.
David J. Shrager is a compassionate Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyer who will go to great lengths to have your charges dismissed or your sentencing reduced. He will work aggressively and diligently to defend your rights and freedom.
If you have been arrested or charged, or you think you may be charged with any of the following Internet crimes or White Collar Crimes, please give Attorney Shrager a call today:
- Online Stalking / Online Harassment
- Illegal Hacking and Computer Fraud
- Illegal Spamming/Phishing Schemes
- Illegal Music Downloading and Sharing (Music Piracy)
- Illegal Movie Downloading and Sharing (Movie Piracy)
- Copyright Infringement
- Identify Theft
- Credit Card Fraud
- Internet Sex Crimes / Cyber Sex Crimes
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Possession / Distribution of Child Pornography
PENALTIES FOR INTERNET CRIMES IN PENNSYLVANIA
Depending on the crime, the punishment can vary greatly. The only way to know for certain what types of penalties and sentencing you face if you are convicted is to contact an experienced Internet Crime Attorney.
Maximum sentencing penalties could include:
- Online Stalking: Up to five years in prison and fines of up to $10,000; Misdemeanor.
- Online Harassment: Up to one year in jail and fines up to $2,500; Misdemeanor.
- Computer Fraud: Up to seven years in jail and fines up to $15,000; Felony.
- Computer Theft: Up to seven years in jail and fines up to $15,000; Felony.
- Online Child Pornography: Up to seven years in jail and fines up to $15,000; Felony.
DEFENSES AGAINST INTERNET CRIMES / CYBER CRIMES
In many cases it is unclear as to whether your own privacy laws have been violated when accused of an Internet crime. And sometimes it is impossible to prove who actually conducted the crime. People are often falsely accused because someone else was using their WIFI connection or computer or because their identity was stolen. There are many defenses the accused can argue, if they have a well-prepared and thought-out case from an aggressive attorney.
If you have had your computer or hard drive confiscated, it can be difficult to prove your innocence, but not impossible. At Shrager Defense Attorneys, we use the best specialists and forensic experts to examine evidence closely and determine any and all possible defense strategies.
It can be very scary to be faced with a federal crime, not to mention very costly. A skilled and aggressive attorney is going to be your best defense against a U.S. Federal prosecutor. It is crucial that you know your options and develop a strategy for winning your case.
If you have been accused of an Internet crime in Pennsylvania, an Internet Sex Crime, or any other White Collar Crime, call or text Attorney David J. Shrager today – 412-969-2540. He is available 24/7 and can provide you with a free legal consultation.
FREE Legal Consultation
Call or Text 412-969-2540 right now for a FREE initial legal consultation.
Speak directly with David J. Shrager 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Shrager Defense Attorneys in Pittsburgh, PA will attack your criminal charges in order to protect your good name. Have a sound and solid case prepared by David J. Shrager and his legal team so they can fight for your rights.
- Learn more about our Pittsburgh Criminal Lawyers
- Learn more about our Pittsburgh White Collar Crime Attorneys
- Read what our clients have to say
- Read the latest news about Shrager Defense Attorneys
- Contact Shrager Defense Attorneys Today